Frogr 1.0 released

I’ve just released frogr 1.0. I can’t believe it took me 6 years to move from the 0.x series to the 1.0 release, but here it is finally. For good or bad.

Screenshot of frogr 1.0This release is again a small increment on top of the previous one that fixes a few bugs, should make the UI look a bit more consistent and “modern”, and includes some cleanups at the code level that I’ve been wanting to do for some time, like using G_DECLARE_FINAL_TYPE, which helped me get rid of ~1.7K LoC.

Last, I’ve created a few packages for Ubuntu in my PPA that you can use now already if you’re in Vivid or later while it does not get packaged by the distro itself, although I’d expect it to be eventually available via the usual means in different distros, hopefully soon. For extra information, just take a look to frogr’s website at

Now remember to take lots of pictures so that you can upload them with frogr :)

Happy new year!

7 thoughts on “Frogr 1.0 released

    1. mario Post author

      You are perfectly right, but as wrong as it sounds the thing is that I did not know until yesterday that I’d be releasing frogr now (did it in an exceptionally rare chunk of spare time), and I have no idea if I’m going to have time again anytime soon, so I had to make the call between releasing now “as it is” or waiting for translations and releasing at some other unknown time in the future. And seeing that the last 0.11 release happened almost one year ago, I decided to go with the first option :).

      But yes, it sucks to have broken translations anyway, hopefully the 1.1 release will be better in that regard.

Comments are closed.